six years

Six years ago today, our lives were forever changed (for the better), by the arrival of our first and only son.

Impatient like his mother, little man was born on April 29, instead of on or around his May 17 due date. It took us all by surprise when my water broke in the wee hours of the morning and we had to make sure we had everything in order before heading to the hospital. He came about 15 hours later, and it was love at first sight.

It has been the most incredible journey, watching him grow from a sweet bitty baby with pinholes in his heart into a healthy, bright and precocious little boy (or big boy, as he will tell you).

He loves school and baseball and belting out all the songs from Frozen. He loves Iron Man and Spiderman, animals and artwork. He can spend hours building and playing with Legos and  He can have a conversation with anyone about anything, and we are regularly astounded by some of the things that will pop out of his mouth. Little man is kind and empathetic – he hates when his friends are sad and he always wants to provide bandaids or a hug to help them feel better.

There is a stubborn streak in him and he has definite opinions about a lot of things. We can also tell that he is going to be very Type A, like his mommy. However, he is also focused and persistent and it’s amazing to watch him in action when he is trying to achieve a goal. That determination will certainly serve him well.

Time really flies. It feels like yesterday we were celebrating his first birthday, and he still hadn’t taken his first steps.

And now he’s six and running and jumping and sliding into home plate during games.

This past weekend, we celebrated with a trip to the Nick Hotel in Orlando with a few friends (post to come),

and tonight we will have a low key dinner at home with a taco bar, homemade Spiderman cake, and this “guest of honor”

It’s not a party without a life-size superhero balloon.

Happy birthday, sweetest little guy! We love you so much!

28 Responses to six years

1. Vanesa says:

That stubbornness must be the Taurus in him! My daughter is the same way! It USED to be cute..not anymore!!
    Vanesa recently posted…Weekend Recap: Training…Or Lack of….My Profile

2. Kathy says:

Happy Birthday to your little man! my 2nd little man turns 21 today! so we will be celebrating with legal drinks! lol… enjoy him… the days fly so fast!
    Kathy

3. Briana says:

Happy birthday, little man! He’s such a handsome boy, Jenn!

I nominated you for the LIebster award… check out my blog today to read more and see how to pass it on 🙂 Happy birth day to you, too!
    Briana recently posted…The Liebster AwardMy Profile

He is adorable.
    Darlene recently posted…#RUNwithMeMy Profile

5. That’s so great to hear he likes to sing the songs from Frozen! My LO loves it too!

Happy Birthday to your LO!
    Haley @ Running with Diapers recently posted…Pregnancy Update – 20 WeeksMy Profile

6. Diana says:

Happy Birthday, little man!
    Diana recently posted…I’m Making It Up As I Go AlongMy Profile

7. Happy birthday!! Enjoy your time together 🙂
    Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom recently posted…I’m Sorry I’ve Abandoned YouMy Profile

8. Happy Birthday to your little man! Mine’s tomorrow 🙂
    Stacie Seidman recently posted…Thursdays Threads (weakest edition ever)My Profile

9. theresa says:

Happy Birthday sweet Aiden – it’s been an honor to watch you grow into an amazing little boy. I hope my little guy grows to be just as sweet, caring, loving and generous as you!! xo

10. Happy Birthday, little man! I hope he had a wonderful birthday celebration 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun
    Karen @karenlovestorun recently posted…12 (ish) Miles + MudMy Profile

11. Matilda says:

I saw the photo of you and your boy when he was born and I was like, That’s Miranda, wait no that’s not Miranda, this is a Jenn’s blog… omg it’s her doppelgänger!
    No joke you look like my friend Miranda (but with blonder hair).

6 wow it sure comes around fast doesn’t it. They don’t stay little for long.
    Matilda recently posted…Pumpkin BreadMy Profile

12. jan says:

You guys are the sweetest little family ever. Happy birthday to your big boy!!
    jan recently posted…Treadmill Watching: Movies or Shows?My Profile

13. I can’t wait to hear about the birthday trip to Orlando – how awesome is that??!! Hope he had a wonderful birthday!
    Kristen @ The Smith Summary recently posted…Running for a Reason: St. Jude Heroes Pre-Race Pasta PartyMy Profile

14. Happy Birthday Turtle! (I haven’t called him that in a long time!!)
    Kristin @ A Mom on the Run recently posted…2014 Disney Princess Half MarathonMy Profile