I had to take a break last week. I am just so incredibly overwhelmed by a lot that’s going on. It’s neither all good nor all bad, but sometimes it’s hard to take a breath. In addition, we had a bit of a backend blog overhaul. Hopefully, everything is optimized and works a lot better on both our ends.
Please note: I was a bit lazy tracking my strength training these last two weeks. I have done some form of weights at least every other day, even if it’s not mentioned.
- Cardio: 3.65 miles, walking
Mr PugRunner got up early to help with breakfast for the Scouts. I hung back to get in a walk and spend a little extra time with the dogs before heading over to their big volunteer event.
I also made a pit stop by Starbucks to claim my Garmin reward. I’m loving the Chocolate Almond Milk Shaken Espresso lately.
- Cardio: 4.62 miles, walking + running (bridge + beach)
- Yoga: 15 minute Standing Hatha Warmup with Judy
- Lean Legs Day 28: :55 wall sit with lowers, :55 bridge with weights, 16 cross over donkey kicks, 45 crunches
- Chest Circuit: 3×12 alternating single-arm chest press, 3×8 close grip chest press , 3×12 inclined shoulder press m 3×12 inclined chest press with one might , 2×25 chest fly
I was so happy to be at the beach. The weather is perfect and the sunrise was glorious.
- Cardio: 5.86 miles, walking + running
- Lean Legs Day 29: :60 wall sit with lowers, :60 bridge with weights, 17 cross over donkey kicks, 50 crunches
Slowly, but surely, I am building miles. For now, I am running a little on my own, completing a Couch to 5K session with J and then walking out the rest. It’s been a nice way to get back my stamina.
- Cardio: 4.3 miles, walking
- Lean Legs Day 30: :65 wall sit with lowers, :65 bridge with weights, 18 cross over donkey kicks, 55 crunches
I finished the Lean Legs challenge, and need to commit to continue with wall sits. They are really great.
- Cardio: 5.99 miles, walking + running
I got my hair done (no photo because I was rushing to get everything done), and in the evening, we went to dinner with J and K, and then checked out a play put on by her department. I love musicals, but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen an actual play. It was fantastic, and I’m so glad we attended.
- Cardio: 3.65 miles, walking
I was supposed to be heading down to Dunedin for a Highlands Festival, but the timing just didn’t work out, and the weather was supposed to be bad.
To make up for it, I learned that I was back on the Balega Impi team for the year! Yay!
- Cardio: 6.81 miles, walking + running
Saturday long runs are back! Ok, so maybe it’s not what it used to be, but it feels good to be doing more than five.
I spent the day shopping for some looks for some upcoming events, and then we had J, K, and their daughter over for ribs on the Big Green Egg. It was a long, late night, with lots of laughter, wine and music.
- Cardio: 3.76 miles
I did not feel fabulous on Sunday morning, but the puppies needed attention and a walk had to be done. I hydrated, fueled, and did my thing.
In the afternoon, we headed to downtown St. Augustine for lunch and the inaugural Florida Ma’am Festival. It was a showcase of local, female musicians at a gorgeous outdoor venue. Live music can be so great, especially when it’s homegrown talent and we stayed for a few hours just enjoying the day.
- Cardio: 4.97 miles, walking + running (beach + bridge)
- Triceps Circuit: 3×10 tricep dips, 3×10 tricep kickbacks, 3×10 tricep extensions, 3×10 alternating skull crushers
- Leg Day: 1×10 squats, 1×10 RDLs, 1×10 squat to RDLs, 1×10 pulse sumo squats, 1×10 goblet squats, 1×10 alternating lunges, 1×10 alternating side lunges, 1×12 glute bridges with weights
Happy Monday! Could you ask for a more beautiful sunrise?
Monday was crazy busy. I ran all over town trying to get things taken care of and in order. Mr PugRunner is working later a few nights a week, so my days have been more hectic with extracurriculars. It is what it is.
- Cardio: 5.38 miles, running
- Thighs Day 1: 5 plie squats, 5 leg swings each side, 5 side lunges each side
Tuesday was a BIG day and I can’t wait to share more tomorrow, but I had to rush to fit in my run.
I incorporated a daily thighs challenge for the month. It’s a lot of pile squats, leg lifts, and side lunges, and I’m all for that.
And then it as off to the local marina for brunch on a yacht! Wheeee! I’ll be sharing all the details on tomorrow’s Travel Tuesday post! But it couldn’t have been more perfect.
- Cardio: 4.2 miles, walking
- Thighs Challenge Day 2: 6 plie squats, 6 leg swings each side, 6 side lunges each side
By Wednesday, I was wiped out. It’s clear the end of the year is upon us, so there is a lot going on.
The weather was starting to turn again, which is no fun. Big storms were coming our way. Additionally, by the end of the day, something was clearly wrong with Luna’s tail and backside, to the point that she would have to go to the vet the next day. Sigh.
- Cardio: 4.19 miles, running
- Thighs Challenge Day 3: 8 plie squats, 8 leg swings each side, 8 side lunges each side
As soon as the pugs got finished with their business, the heavens opened. The kids needed a ride to school it was so bad, and right after they got dropped off, our county when under a tornado warning. Yikes. To be honest, the school is built like a fortress with solid walls and no winds, so they were probably safer than anyone else.
I worked out in the gym, and then tried to get some outside miles when we got the all clear. Yes, I got soaked.
Luna got checked out, and needed her glands expressed. Fortunately, that was a quick fix for her.
In the evening, we went to the marching band informational meeting at A’s new high school. It was so overwhelming and amazing, and we are both so excited for him to get started. He will have the opportunity to start playing with the team next month! Eek!
Also, I taught Leonidas how to use the doggy puzzle. Luna always hated it, but he is a champion at hunting treats.
- Cardio: 4.19 miles, walking + running
Honestly, Friday was a tough day. I tried to do a little running with my walking to make up for Thursday.
And I got some bright news in that I have been welcomed back to the ROADiD team for 2022! This is one of my favorite ambassadorships, and I am so glad to be back. If you need your first (or a new) ROADiD, use my link to save!
- Cardio: 7.01 miles, running + walking
- Thighs Challenge Day 4: 9 plie squats, 9 leg swings each side, 9 side lunges each side
I met up with J for our morning workout. It promised to be a great one, with the weather all cooled down and the sky so blue. I loved it.
I had to return some clothes I bought but didn’t end up needing, and then we went out to a wine bar with some friends. All in all it was a nice night.
Goal-getting + Thoughts
Truth: I haven’t been feeling great about myself over the past few months. I don’t feel strong or amazing. What brought on this funk? I couldn’t tell you. However, brunch this week was a huge mental and emotional win, and I hope to keep that momentum going. My goal is just to keep being positive and doing what I need to do to get through my days.
How do you overcome unexpected funks and melancholy? Any big wins this week?