It has been a super productive week around these parts. I am totally on track to hit my 50 mile goal for the month, and I could not be happier.
Here’s the rundown.
- Sunday: Jillian Michaels’ Power Yoga Level 1 (~ 30:00)
- Monday: 5-10K Week 8, Day 1 – 3.03 miles
- Tuesday: Jillian Michaels’ Power Yoga Level 1 (~30:00)
- Wednesday: 5-10K Week 8, Day 2 – 3.65 miles
- Thursday: Jillian Michaels’ Power Yoga Level 1 (~30:00)
- Friday: 5-10K Week 8, Day 3 – 6.3 miles
- Saturday – The Hangover Run Virtual 10K (recap to come) combined with bridge training – 6.22 miles
Tomorrow will be rest, rest, rest and more rest. With a side of rest.
I feel pretty good. Tired and HUNGRY (I could eat everything in sight, but I’m holding back), but my legs seem to be in decent shape, even after the back-to-back six-milers.
Little man’s Kindergarten orientation went really well. His teacher seems incredibly sweet and I love the room theme and all the little touches she put into the classroom. He will start next week and I don’t recall ever seeing him so excited. On a more bittersweet note, Friday was his last day of summer camp at his old VPK. We had a somewhat tearful goodbye with the teacher he has had for the past year and a half, but she told him to call her any time and we will set up some dates at the pool to hang out.
We are taking it easy this weekend. The weather has been iffy, with some nasty storms, so it’s easy to just lounge around. I’ll do some meal-planning, make sure everything is all set for the first week of school and maybe we will take little man to see Planes.
Have you ever run a virtual race?
How are you spending the rest of the weekend?
PS. Don’t forget! If you live near or will be in the Jacksonville Beach area on September 7, you have until Monday, August 19, 2013 to enter to win a spot in the ZOOMA Inspired Yoga + Run session. Click here for details!