weekly wrap: 10.20.18 – 10.27.18

Happy Monday!  It’s time for the Weekly Wrap with HoHo Runs and Taking The Long Way Home!

If you do a weekly recap post, this is a great way to check in with other active bloggers for extra support, sharing and accountability.

Here’s the week in numbers:

Sunday – rest
Monday – 6 miles, running + biceps/standing core workout
Tuesday – chest + shoulders
Wednesday – rest
Thursday –rest
Friday – 4 miles, running, total of  steps
Saturday – 24,126 steps

Intentions. Mine were good. Great, even. And then, and then, and then.

Weather. School carnival. Death. When I finally sat down tonight to write this post, all the feels hit at once. It’s like being hit by a truck. Ugh. I haven’t had the luxury of time to  acknowledge my feelings

Sunday – rest

After a busy Friday an dSaturday, Sunday was fairly low-key. I ran some errands and spent the afternoon in my friend’s garage, working on building games for our school’s annual carnival. We put a lot of work into creating really awesome attractions for our carnival, and when you have a lot of people working together, it’s incredibly fun.

Monday – 6 miles, running + biceps/standing core workout

I started the week refreshed and raring to go. We ran, and i t felt great to get back out there.

The gym was great, too. I missed doing weights while I was away, and it felt great to be back at it.

Tuesday – chest/shoulders

The weather was yucky, so some time in the gym again was just what the doctor ordered.

That evening, we had McTeacher Night at our local McDonalds. It’s a really fun night, where teachers and staff members man the drive-thru, fry station and register, and the school families come in to have dinner, with a portion of proceeds going back to the school. I was on raffle ticket duty.

Wednesday – rest

After a very restless night of sleep, I woke to the tragic news that a friend and fellow Scout leader had passed away, quite unexpectedly, at the age of 33. it was really devastating news, and I don’t know if it’s really sunk in, yet.

I was in a daze for most of the day. I couldn’t quite get myself together, and I really struggled with adulting. Fortunately, Mr PugRunner was there to pick up the slack for me, and I am grateful for that.

Thursday – rest

I don’t think I could have run if I wanted to. I wasn’t really in much of a mood to do anything. I worked on some signs for carnival, and headed over to school in the afternoon to help with some finishing touches on some of the games.

Scouts that night was hard. We had an emergency meeting to talk things over amongst the leaders, and then our den took on the 2nd grade den as their leader was out sick. It was a little intimidating to do a lesson for a whole new group of kiddos, but it went pretty smoothly.

Friday – 4 miles, running, total of  32,381 steps

This run was awful, but necessary. I was just not in the right head space, but I needed to move. I was absolutely miserable the whole time, but it got done. My garage was full of hay bales for the weekend’s events.

And then it was time to focus on the school carnival. The weather had not been in our favor, and while temperatures were beautiful, bands of storms had left our activity field a swampy mess. At 10:00 AM, the decision was made to move everything inside and we got to work, organizing games, signs and prizes. Gates opened at 6:00 PM, and it was go go go all day.

The event was a smashing success. We had a few hiccups on the operational end (namely, that an entire group of volunteers didn’t show up), so it felt like we were putting out fires all night. To be honest, I only got a few pictures, although I feel like this one was the most important.

Due to a fabulous, hardworking team, plus the support of our community, the carnival was a smashing success. We were able to get everything cleaned up and put away, and I was in bed by 11:30. Way past my bedtime, but that was ok.

Saturday – rest

I wanted to spend half the day in bed, but I had committed to help out at a local Kids Fest on behalf of St. Augustine Moms Blog. I’ve been contributing content for them for three years, and I love that we are able to provide so many resources to the local moms in our community.

When I had finished there, it was time to help Mr PugRunner with our neighborhood Trunk or Treat. He has been volunteering at the Events Chair for our community, and this was his second big production. Once again, photos were slim, but I did get this adorable one of little man, at our Mad Scientist display.

It was a little too windy to get everything right, but it was cute and we had tons of trick or treaters! All in all, another success!

I had to get to bed because S and I were running a 10 mile race on Sunday morning, as if we didn’t have enough to do!


So it was a hard week, for reasons listed here, and due to other horrible events this weekend. Obviously, my focus was on a thousand different things and not at all on how many miles I was running or what my gym time looked like. I tried to do enough to help keep my anxiety in check, to be supportive to those in need and to let the rest of it go. Staying busy was mostly helpful, but I did struggle in some of the quiet moments.

I’m still terribly sad, and it comes on suddenly and hard. I’m grateful for the friends and family who have been there through the tragedies, and I know it will get easier with time.

How was your week in training?

How do you keep yourself moving through the difficult times?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

28 Responses to weekly wrap: 10.20.18 – 10.27.18

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.