week 27: sliding down the backside of july

Here we are, sliding down the backside of July. What a year. I almost don’t know what to say anymore. Days come, days go. Some are longer than others. We continue to conduct our business simply and close to home. The curveballs keep coming, however, and I am fairly tired of rolling with the punches.

Sunday – 3.41 miles, walking

Everyone slept in a bit on Sunday after the holiday, which was nice. I, on the other hand, struggled to stay in bed, so I got out the door for a walk.

I’m making fabulous progress in my Hadrian’s Challenge mission, and am currently 75% of the way there!

Monday – 4.23 miles, walking

Mr PugRunner was in for a walk, and so we headed out to start Monday on a strong footing.

No matter what, walking is a great boost to start the day.

Tuesday – 3 miles, running + 2.3 miles, walking

And back to running on Tuesday. My running buddy and I used the time to take a deep dive into our school choices again. Yes, I know I said we were all decided, but then politics happened and it really threw a wrench in the plans. Boo.

Wednesday – 4.79 miles, walking

This ended up being a super long walk, although it was totally worth it.

In the evening, we had some friends over for pizza and a screening of Hamilton on the side of our house with our outside projector. It ended up being a crazy late night, but it was so worth it.

Thursday – rest

Morning came way too early. My first order of business: get to the farm for another few hours of equine therapy filming. I really enjoy my involvement in this project and feel so lucky to be a part of it.

It was a day of animals: Luna had her vet appointment. Once again, she checked out as “perfect”, and weighs in at a whopping nine pounds! She has to go back one more time next week for her rabies shot: since she is still under ten pounds, the vet wanted to split up her vaccines.

Once those things were done, however, I had the rest of the day for work and getting things done around the house.

Friday –  3 miles running, 2.75 miles, walking

I treated myself to a little something something: these Goodr x Dunkin collab sunglasses. Aren’t they adorable?

The rest of the day was a bit of a mess. Mr PugRunner ended up at the doctor for his ear infection (which turned out to just be a big clog), but the doctor had concerns about his blood pressure and some other things. This means changes for the Runs With Pugs household. Stay tuned.

Saturday – 4.21 miles. walking

Another “date” walk.

Our neighborhood had a food truck and outdoor movie planned, so the boys went over to help set up (everything was outside and socially distanced), and I followed later to join them for dinner. We had already seen the movie, so we went home to get some sleep for an early Sunday.

Goal-getting

Running is going well. It’s not as fast as before, but guys, it is SO hot and humid. I just can’t drag myself any faster, nor do I want to try. I’m also working hard on my hydration and plowing through all my Nuun and sparkling water. This is my constant struggle, so I have to give myself credit where I can.

Are you starting to turn your head towards racing again? I’m back as an ambassador for Best Damn Race, and would love to see you in Safety Harbor, Orlando, and New Orleans (Savannah details are still in process). Remember, my Best Damn Race discount code is good for 10% off any distance in any of those cities.

best damn race discount code

Another thing? If you are looking to up your skincare game, check out FRÉ skincare. I am really loving the 123FRÉ system, and if you are looking to stock up, you can shop here (affiliate link) and use my code JENNL at checkout for 40% off your first purchase through Wednesday!

fré skincare

I am linking up with the Weekly Rundown, with Confessions of A Mother Runner and Running on the Fly! Check them out!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is weekly-run-down-final-300x300.jpg

How was your week in training?

How is summer treating you so far? Do you have workout dates?

25 Responses to week 27: sliding down the backside of july

1. Kim G says:

Another great week for you! I also love those Goodr x Dunkin collab sunglasses. I don’t own any of their sunglasses but I’ve noticed that they have so many different colors to choose from!

2. It was much muggy and very hot most of last week in Iowa as well. Max is due for his yearly check-up tomorrow…I’m wondering how he’s gonna do when he sees everyone in masks. He freaked out when my sis came over the other night in her mask LOL Great job staying active!

3. I thought Hadrian’s wall challenge was really fun. Because it also counted my bike mileage I zipped through it. Way to go on your workouts this week. Wish I could get my hubs to walk with me

4. Between you and me…running was so miserable last week. If nothing else I got a PR in sweating;-) Even our dog walks were really tough (for us, the dog loved them). But you and I got it done!
    Beckett @ Birchwood Pie recently posted…Weekly Sweats: Everything I Never Told YouMy Profile

5. Michelle D. says:

Those Goodr Dunkin sunglasses are so cute!

Sounds like you’re cranking through the Hadrian’s challenge – I keep saying I need to check it out.

Way to go on Hadrian’s Wall! I’m not even halfway there yet. Those are very cute sunglasses. I think all Goodrs are so fun. We are nowhere near racing yet here in IL. I just don’t even know anymore. It changes by the day.

7. Coco says:

Oh, gosh, what happened with the school situation? Does school start in August there? Hamilton was longer than I expected, but I was glued to every moment! What was the other movie you saw? I hope Mr. Pug Runner can get his BP down.

Basically, they took a few options off the table. We were planning to go with the school-based distance learning, but that has been stripped to the bare core (so no advanced classes and very few electives options), and it ends at the end of first semester no matter what. While our hope is to transition back into school, that is not how I want to do it, so we need to choose one of the alternate options. It’s ok. Just a few more sleepless nights and applications. We go back 8/10. So not a lot of time.

The other movie was Trolls 2. We skipped it but did enjoy some of the food trucks.

8. melissa says:

I love the sunglasses! We just saw Hamilton, too — we played it on the projector in our backyard one night and had a mini-date night in.

9. I missed a post somewhere about the horses! That’s really cool that you are involved in that. I haven’t had any interest in seeing Hamilton yet. I have not idea what it’s even about! I know, crazy. I also don’t like avocados, so I’m already in the “unpopular” gang. LOL! I do have a full week of running/biking dates. I’m going on my first group cycling night tonight. I’m nervous to be the new person!
    Lisa @ TechChick Adventures recently posted…Weekly workouts – new ride(s)My Profile

The filming is really such a great opportunity for me. I’m glad to be a part of it.

Hamilton is about… Alexander Hamilton. At first, I didn’t think I would be into it, but then I heard the music and got sucked in. It’s a really neat story, historically speaking. He was a flawed but brilliant man, and I love the themes of the show. If you aren’t up for that, the Ron Chernow biography on which the musical is based is also really great.

Have fun on your cycling!

10. Sounds like another great week! When I came back last summer from an injury I felt super slow. Summer miles bring fall smiles though and you’ll be back to your old speeds before you know it!

I love Hamilton. It was a great musical. Long though. I think I’d be more engaged in the live version cause it was hard to keep watching after a while just due to being sleepy laying in bed haha. Loved the songs though and the Marquis du Lafayette was my fav. Plus gotta love King George…lol.

11. I have not seen Hamilton. I know, I know. I better do it.

I know that it gets really hot in Florida, but I seriously I have no idea how you do it.

I love DD coffee too!

12. Liz Dexter says:

I’ve never been so glad of our temperate climate since I started following US running bloggers! It’s been positively chilly here though warming up again now.

Luna weighs about the same as the smaller of our two cats – awww! One of my best friend has chihuahuas so I’m used to dogs being smaller than cats now!

Well done on your Hadrian’s Wall, it’s funny to think of you virtually running along there! I’ve signed up for a virtual Land’s End to John O’Groats over a year, as I looked at that one too late and couldn’t get the miles in in time. 15 miles into the 874 – go me!

Ha! it’s ridiculous here!

Luna is getting bigger! She’s already so tall, even if she doesn’t weigh much. Once she gets fixed (although I haven’t decided on that piece yet), she will thicken up a little bit and take on more of the pug physique. Don’t let her size fool you. She’s scrappy and feisty and crazy.

I would love to do Hadrian’s wall in person. Especially now. Unfortunately, it feels like my passport is pretty much worthless at this point, so who knows if it will ever happen.

13. Holly says: