For some of us, it’s Easter. We enjoyed a nice family day with lots of good food and more storms (enough already!). And tomorrow is Patriot’s Day and the Boston Marathon! If you need some tips on how to enjoy the race at home, check out my post here!
- Cardio: 3.75 miles, walking
And the start of another week. I had to hustle on my walk because…. the dishwasher installer was coming!
Even though he hit a few snags, he got the job done and we have a new dishwasher! It took him a few hours, so when he was finished, we wen to het beach for a family lunch. And to get ice cream.
Mr PugRunner was supposed to go to Texas on business, but between our fence getting trashed in one of the storms, our garage door breaking that day, and the threat of inclement weather and baseball-sized hail delaying his flight, he called it off. Sigh.
- Cardio: 5.18 miles, walking (beach and bridges)
With everything going on, I escaped to the beach. It was a gorgeous morning, with lots of dolphins out in the waves. Was it exactly what I needed? Absolutely.
I also had a nail appointment, which was amazing. My artist is so talented and I appreciate her so much.
- Cardio: 5.00 miles, running
J had an appointment so I ran on my own. It wasn’t my favorite run, but I powered through.
- Cardio: 3.41 miles, walking
Another packed day! I was truly hoping that the end of the year would calm down, but it is busy, busy, busy. A has exams coming up and was looking forward to wrapping up his short week of school.
Leonidas had a vet appointment that morning. He has gained another two pounds, and is doing great. Wha he does no love is the car: poor thing got car sick on the way home and it was not the journey I needed. Midday baths for everyone!
- Cardio: 4.59 miles, running
- Thighs Challenge: 15 plie squats, 15 leg swings (each side), 15 alternating lunges, 15 side leg lifts (each side), 15 inner thigh pulses (each side)
- Triceps Session: 2×16 Shoulder Taps, 2×16 Supine Triceps Press, 3×8 Inward Arm Press, 2×16 Diamond Chest Press, 2×16 Triceps Dip Behind
I got a grip and started back to my strength training again. I also adjusted my Thighs Challenge with one that was a little more intensive. This meant my run was a little harder because my hips were a little sore. It will pass.
- Cardio: 4.02 miles, walking
- Thighs Challenge: 16 plie squats, 16 leg swings (each side), 16 alternating lunges, 16 side leg lifts (each side), 16 inner thigh pulses (each side)
- Shoulder Session: 3×10 alternating around the worlds, 3×10 snatch to alternating press, 3×10 rainbow front raises, 3×10 single arm Arnold presses (each side), 3×10 seesaw presses
A had the day off from school, and he was pretty excited about it. I let him sleep in while I was did my walk and workout.
I wanted to go up to Jacksonville to check out the USS Orleck, the retired Navy warship that is being made into a military museum. It was a gorgeous day, so we checked out the boat.
And then grabbed an incredible lunch and cocktails at a Mexican restaurant I’ve been wanting to try.
- Cardio: 6.31 miles, running
- Thighs Challenge: 17 plie squats, 17 leg swings (each side), 17 alternating lunges, 17 side leg lifts (each side), 17 inner thigh pulses (each side)
I had a nice run, although maybe a little shorter than I would have liked. But we had a busy day ahead, and needed to get moving.
We met our friends at the Alligator Farm: they were treating A to some zip lining and lunch of his choice for an early birthday present. He was so grateful and had such a great time.
Then it was home to dye Easter eggs, and finish cooking and prep for our holiday meal.
Goal-getting + Thoughts
Monday is another school holiday. Our plans are up in the air, so hoping it all works out.
We will watch a little of the Boston Marathon, and then work on getting hyped for the rest of the week. A has his marching band uniform fitting, some meetings, and a big fundraising project!
It’s going to take lots of coffee and enthusiasm but we are going to get it done!
How was your week in training? Anyone else super busy this week?