Just when we thought hurricane season was over, it wasn’t. Nicole snuck up and smacked us hard. Things are ok, but it was a rough and bizarre couple of days. Let’s get into it.
- Cardio: 4.47 miles, walking
- Planksgiving Day 12: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, squats (3×10)
Slept in a little with the time change. That was nice. Then a walk.
And then Mr PugRunner and I headed to the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve (say that three times fast) to take advantage of a guided tour and wine and cheeses pairing I had won.
It rained a little, which was annoying, but we finally got a break to see some of the beautiful trails, and enjoy wine and cheese.
- Cardio: 5.94 miles, running + walking
- Planksgiving Day 13: :60 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, speedskaters (30)
And here we go. Another week.
Let’s start things on the right foot. Always.
- Planksgiving Day 14: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, RDLs (3×10)
Election Day. Holy moly.
Our location saw almost 2500 voters (amazing turnout). I worked from 6AM until almost 9PM, with a 20 minute lunch and two or three quick restroom breaks. There was a line all day, and we barely got to chat with our poll worker friends.
- Cardio: 3 miles, walking + running
- Planksgiving Day 15: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, trunk rotations (15 each side)
I slept in because I was just mentally and physically exhausted. That being said, I did want to stretch my legs so I did a small run.
And then all hell broke loose, because apparently, Hurricane Nicole was churning her way in our direction. Oops. We got word that schools would be closed on Thursday (already closed on Friday), so we started making our preparations.
- Cardio: 4.20 miles, walking
- Planksgiving Day 16: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, weighted march (30)
Yikes. Nicole was not kind. Ian really didn’t give us much trouble, but Wednesday night and Thursday morning was full of wind and light rain. There were tornadoes nearby, and we lost two sections of our fence!
I was able to get out to walk before dinner – not my typical workout, of course, but it was good to get out and stretch after being cooped up all day. You can see a downed tree behind me. It’s not the only one.
- Cardio: 6.53 miles, running + walking
- Planksgiving Day 17: :60 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, runner’s lunges (3×10)
Another day at home due to Veterans Day. Thank you to all our veterans for their service.
The run was good.
We sort of lounged around. A neighbor came by to repair the fence, and we had a contractor come to measure the house for new flooring. Mr PugRunner has finally agreed that old carpet could possibly have a hand in his ongoing allergy saga. Wish me luck.
A had afternoon practice for band in advance of our home show on Saturday.
It was a fabulous evening, with yoga, mimosas, and laughter. I miss yoga class, and I loved this space.
- Cardio: 4.32 mile, walking
- Planksgiving Day 18: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, squats (3×10)
A had to get to the school to start his day with another rehearsal, and I went for a walk and planked.
Later, we headed over for our FMBC Home Show. This was our school’s first time hosting and it was amazing. Due to a reschedule from Hurricane Ian, the day got turned around, and Mr PugRunner and I were asked to volunteer as announcer and tabulator respectively.
Of course, we agreed, and we spent the whole show in the press box, announcing and tabulating. It was really cool to get this behind the scenes look at marching band competitions, and I guess I can now offer my services as tabulator! Always good to have new skills.
Oh, and our band performed in the Exhibition spot, and they were amazing. As always. Love our band.
Goal-getting + Thoughts
So yeah. Nothing is calming down, am I right? We have one more band competition and then that season is over. And just a few more days until our break! We need a vacation!
How was your week in training? Any ridiculous weather? Are you doing anything for the holiday break?