I am treading water like crazy over here. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. I’m just trying to keep my head above water and get through it all.
- Cardio: 3.43 miles, walking
- Planksgiving Day 19: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:00 bridge plank, squats (3×10)
Good morning, world. We started the day with a walk, as is my usual Sunday habit.
And then we went to check out new floors. This isn’t quite as exciting as it sounds, but we did find some options that we liked, and the quote was awful, but reasonable. So now we discuss.
- Cardio: 6.56 miles, running + walking
- Planksgiving Day 20: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:00 bridge plank, speedskaters (30)
Let’s get this week going! I had a good run.
There was a beautiful sunrise.
This week was very much getting things done, so not a lot in the line of fun.
- Cardio: 4.73 miles, walking
- Planksgiving Day 21: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:00 bridge plank, RDLs (3×10)
Time for a walk.
And let’s not forget those planks!
It was a late night thanks to a meeting. I don’t think I’ll ever be night person.
- Cardio: 6.89 miles, walking + running
- Planksgiving Day 22: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:30 bridge plank, trunk rotations (15 each side)
Here was the run. I am trying to get closer to double digits. I want another half marathon.
I did get a brief self care break with new nails. Perfect for fall.
- Cardio: 4.32 miles, walking
- Planksgiving Day 23: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:30 bridge plank, weighted march (30)
Happy Thursday. Again, we are just out here, getting hit done.
The weather is definitely getting colder. I’m into it.
- Cardio: 6.81 miles, running + walking
- Planksgiving Day 24: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:30 bridge plank, runner’s lunges (3×10)
Full sleeves and tights today! it was in the low 40s!
We had early Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, too. We are so grateful for them.
- Cardio: 3.56 miles, walking)
I had a terrible night. Peri-menopause is no joke, and I felt awful. I did go for a very sedate walk because everything was aching and moving felt better than not. I skipped planks because i just didn’t feel well.
I also reached the realization that there was no way I could be in a car for 4-5 hours to go to Ft. Lauderdale to see A play in the finals. It was a devastating blow, but I had to be realistic, too.
On the plus side, we were invited to watch the last practice on our home field, which was so bittersweet. I know we have three more years of this, but band has been such a bright spot and I’m sad it’s over.
I got home, ate dinner and went to bed, for another awful night.
Goal-getting + Thoughts
Yay for Thanksgiving week! I’m looking forward to a friendsgiving, a Turkey Trot, and lots of holiday fun!
How was your week in training? How are you spending your Thanksgiving?