Two weeks, y’all! I was out of town for the most incredible mountain getaway, and really didn’t feel like brining my laptop. It was good to check out for a bit, but I’m back and ready to share as we head into the last month of the year!
- Cardio: 3.87 miles, walking
- Planksgiving: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:00 bridge plank, squats (3×10)
This was a terrible Sunday. The boys left at the darkest crack of dawn to drive to Ft. Lauderdale for FMBC (almost five hours) and I couldn’t go. When last we ran down, I was dealing with some menopause issues that did not lend themselves to being in a car or away from home. Instead I spent some time walking the dogs and then just strolled about. Physical activity always helps with cramps.
The boys had a rough go of it. The weather was awful. We are talking torrential downpour. The band was supposed to play at 1:45 PM, but we were offered the choice to play inside instead. Our director didn’t want to risk the safety of our kids, nor all the expensive instruments and equipment, so he took the offer. However, things did not go smoothly. The kids were soaked from warming up in the rain, had to sit on busses for two hours until the indoor venue opened, and then had to play soggy.
Did that hold them back? Nope. They took third place (and it was tight – only two points separated them from the first place winner).
- Cardio: 6.62 miles, running + walking
- Planksgiving: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:00 bridge plank, speedskaters (30)
I woke up feeling so much better. Finally.
The boys had spent the night in South Florida – the school gave the kids an excused absence because the bus didn’t get back until 2AM, so at least Mr. PugRunner and A were able to sleep and then come home in the morning.
- Cardio: 4.14 miles, walking
- Planksgiving: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:00 bridge plank, RDLs (3×10)
Time for a walk.
And then it was time to make sure everything was ready to leave for our Thanksgiving vacation.
- Cardio: .4 miles, walking
- Planksgiving Day : :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:30 bridge plank, trunk rotations (15 each side)
Travel day. We hopped in the car at 7:30 and hit the road for Ellijay, Georgia. We didn’t arrived until after dark, but were so happy to be there.
- Cardio: Blue Ridge Turkey Trot 5k
- Planksgiving Day 23: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:30 bridge plank, weighted march (30)
Happy Thanksgiving! We trotted!
And then came back to the cabin to feast. We cooked most everything in advance so on the big day, the boys made the turkey, and we threw together the salad and green beans. Everything else just needed to be heated or set out. It was perfect.
I also made everyone fun, comfy shirts to wear.
- Cardio: .25 miles, walking
- Planksgiving Day: :90 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 2:30 bridge plank, runner’s lunges (3×10)
Black Friday was a little different. We spent it at the Fainting Goat Vineyard.
And then headed into Dahlonega for a late lunch/early dinner and shopping, and to catch the famous tree lighting.
Of course, it was crazy crowded, and I didn’t get to soak in everything I wanted. And then the tree didn’t light all the way up the first time. But they got it fixed and Christmas was saved LOL!
- Cardio: 2.04 miles, walking
After breakfast, we had a little hike.
Enjoyed another vineyard.
And saw another tree lighting!
For the most part, I love the small town vibe.
Time to go home. We spent forever in the car. Ugh.
- Cardio: 4.75 miles, running + walking
- Planksgiving: 2:00 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 3:00 bridge plank, speedskaters (30)
Not much to report: just a run.
- Cardio: 4.26 miles, walking
- Planksgiving: 2:00 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 3:30 bridge plank, RDLs (3×10)
Let’s go Tuesday!
And then I drove up to San Marco to try out Bitty & Beau’s and visit my neighbor who works there.
- Cardio: 5.6 miles, walking + running
- Planksgiving: 2:00 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), 3:30 bridge plank, trunk rotations (15 each side)
Last day of November! Last day of hurricane season! Let’s celebrate with a run!
And then we resurrected the Breakfast Club with a Flannel and Frost brunch. Yum.
- Cardio: 3.99 miles, walking
Huge rush on Thursday. I had a ton to do and limited time. Of course, fitness comes first.
I did some of my writing and the work and then started to get ready. We had tickets to see the Magic Hideaway with Bill Abbott and I was so excited.
First up, reservations at the Miracle pop up bar at Forgotton Tonic, where we had apps and holiday cocktails.
And then it was on to the show! I don’t know that I’ve ever been to a professional magic show before but this was FABULOUS. Bill Abbott was funny and charming and absolutely flawless. Tickets include a little cocktail reception prior to the show, which includes charcuterie and a complimentary cocktail. Such a treat.
- Cardio: 6.78 miles, running + walking
Yay for a nice run. The weather was just right.
I met my parents for breakfast, and then we went to the Vintage Market Days for some shopping. It’s a huge event at the Clay County Fairgrounds, with over 100 vendors, showcasing a great blends of crafts and artwork, and vintage finds.
Since I am going all in for the holidays, we had a family night with an Elf-Themed dinner. Yum.
- Cardio: 3.99 miles, walking)
Up and at ’em. A had to work at the biannual black belt test, and then had a birthday party at an Escape Room. Mr. PugRunner graciously handled that, while I walked.
And then ran errands for some last minute family picture outfits, and earrings supplies. I made profiteroles and did some tidying. We also got the devastating news that Noodle the Pug (of Bones or No Bones fame) had passed at the age of 14.5. I was crushed.
In the evening, we had a get together with some friends from Scouts. It’s great to be together at meetings and events, but it’s also great to hang out socially, apart from that.
Goal-getting + Thoughts
And that was that! Sorry for the double week post, but I wanted to share all the fun!
How was your week in training? Who’s ready for December?