oven-baked meatballs Recipe
By August 24, 2011Published:
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 mins
Delicious Italian meatballs, just like Nonna used to make. This is not an exact recipe - practice makes perfect on this one, and you'll find the proportions that work best for you.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 4-6 cups red sauce homemade or jarred
- 1 eggs lightly scrambled
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- basil, oregano, parsley to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- italian breadcrumbs
- grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly coat bottom of casserole dish or foil pan with some sauce.
- Saute the onions and garlic in some olive oil until nice and glassy. Season with some salt and pepper to taste.
- If you are using fresh herbs, finely chop them while the onions and garlic are cooking.
- Combine meat, egg, herbs, and onions and garlic in a large bowl. You're going to want to use your hands.
- Start adding equal parts of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Keep mixing and adding until the meat mixture is able to form a ball that is slightly sticky to the touch.
- Roll the meatballs, about 1.5" in diameter, and place them in your sauce-lined baking dish. Drizzle with remaining sauce (or however much you like) and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes. Serve with pasta, on Italian rolls or alone. Mangia!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress