Happy August! I’m one day late, but who’s counting?
In spite of everything I had a pretty good week.
Monday: 3.54 mile run
Tuesday: rest day
Wednesday: 4.76 mile run
Thursday: rest day
Friday: 5k race
I’m excited to see my miles starts increasing, even if it’s only a little at a time. Every day, I’m getting just a little bit closer to normal.
I didn’t really set any goals for July. I wasn’t sure how I’d be feeling or what I’d be capable of. I’m kind of glad because I think putting that pressure on myself would have really messed with my head. While I wish I was feeling better, I’m at peace with where I’m at for now, and feel like I”m in a good place for serious rebuilding.
Additionally, I feel like I can comfortably set some goals for August.
1. Get on track with the training for my 10 miler. I’m a little bit behind where I planned to be, but I imagine I can catch up. I really wanted to be well on my way to ready for the half in December, but I’ll take what I can get right now.
2. Commit to an interval training or get off the proverbial pot. I got some great advice from you guys the other day about working with intervals, and I’m coming to a decision on that soon.
3. Run 50 miles. I think I’ve got that.
4. Enjoy the journey. Even though I’m trying to be serious about my training, sometimes my favorite thing to do is to take quick pictures of beautiful things I see on my run. Like when five deer started frolicking in an open field near my house, where I had no idea deer frolicked. It was worth the loss of a few seconds to stop and snap a shot.
5. Work in more cross-training. Because it’s the right thing to do.
Oh, and a bonus, #6. Stop being hard on myself. I’ll get back to normal when I get there and not a second before. Pushing too hard could lead to injury and I’m way too motivated and invested to slack off. Everything will happen in its time.
Are you ready for the month ahead?
What are your big plans and goals for August?