It was a good week. Not the best, and not the worst. Let’s give it a look.
- Sunday: rest
- Monday: 5-10K Week 9 Day 1 – 2.50 miles
- Tuesday: speed walk with the girls – 4.28 miles (When I came home, I started experiencing nasty pain in the arch of my foot. I was absolutely freaked out and immediately started rolling my foot over a frozen water bottle. Is it crazy that we have one on standby in the freezer? It felt fine on Wednesday morning but I decided to take a couple of days, just in case).
- Wednesday: rest, light stretching
- Thursday: rest, light stretching
- Friday: 5-10K Week 9 Day 2 – 2.74 miles
- Saturday: rest
The bad news:
- I didn’t have any yoga this week. I missed it, but I didn’t have a lot of time this week, and when I did on Wednesday and Thursday, I was afraid of hyperextending my arch in one of the downward dog positions and injuring myself for real.
- I didn’t start bootcamp. I had every intention of doing so but with Kindergarten starting on Thursday, trying to get everything done in preparation for that and then hurting my arch, it just didn’t seem to be a good time. I have decided that I am giving it one more week, just to make sure that I have our car pooling and getting out the door routine down and then I’m going in for the pain.
The good news:
- I am way on track to meet (and beat) my 50 mile goal for August. Who would have guessed? I’m really proud that I am exceeding that goal by a lot. Of course, this means I will have to set the bar higher for next month.
- It was awesome starting to walk with my girlfriends again. Combining exercise with conversation is so fun. When we run together, we can’t really talk (mostly because even though we cover the same areas, they are training for a marathon and hitting longer distances than me, but also because I need every ounce of lung capacity for breathing), so it’s nice to go at a slower pace and get to chit chat. I really value this time.
Where do I go from here:
- Bring yoga back on my off days
- Run four days instead of just two.
- Graduate from the 5-10K program and move on to hitting my goal of 10 miles, in plenty of time for Tower of Terror.
How did your workouts and training go this week?
How are you going to challenge yourself next week?