weekly recap 9/1-9/6

All I can say is that I am thrilled with this week. I’m so proud of the miles I’ve put in, and I’m also feeling extremely pleased with my decision to focus on toning my inner thighs. Since the gym is on hold for a few more months, I feel confident about pulling in some hand weights to work on my arms and legs a little.

Here’s the week:

Sunday: 7.70 mile run

Monday: 1 mile fun run/walk at RunJax 35th Anniversary race

Tuesday: 3.41 mile run; biceps, triceps, inner thighs

Wednesday: 3.67 mile run; biceps, triceps, inner thighs

Thursday: biceps, triceps, inner thighs

Friday: 8.61 mile run

Normally I wouldn’t have my two long runs so close together, but unfortunately, I had to work around a tricky schedule this week, and so this is how it played out.

I’m not complaining.

I would love to be a little closer to that 12:00 mark, but it will come in time. I don’t know that I will have it in time for Tower of Terror, but that’s ok. I’m still putting in a respectable effort, and I want to enjoy the race as much as I want to run it with a solid time.

I’ve really been enjoying my early mornings, too. On the one hand, I am usually treated to the most stunning sunrises.

And on the other, I really appreciate the quiet time. I am looking forward to the time change so that it will be a little lighter in the mornings (running under the streetlights can be a little ominous sometimes), but I’m having a good time.

It’s a big weekend for this household. I started off Friday by representing the Miami Hurricanes with an orange tank and a sparkly green Sweaty Band, and I’ll be wearing those colors throughout the weekend.

How was your week in workouts?

Are you cheering on the Hurricanes with me this weekend?

26 Responses to weekly recap 9/1-9/6

1. Kathy says:

well done.. great week… i am doing my last tri… i know i’ve told you.. anyway.. after that I am hoping to gear up for an 8k on Thanksgiving.. so I will look forward to logging more miles ๐Ÿ™‚ and work on more xtraining… like you…. my abs need lots of work.. you talk about your legs, well, my area i would love to have surgically worked on is my mid-section… darn those 3 large children i carried! lol

So excited to hear how the last tri goes!

Don’t get me wrong. There’s no washboard stomach going on over here, but I’m ok with that. But we all have our annoying problem spots. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. congrats on an awesome week! You are rockin’ it with your mileage increase. When is Tower of Terror?
    Wornout Soles recently posted…The 10 Commandments of a Triathlon NoobMy Profile

3. I have really slacked off on my strength training since school started; I am starting marathon training next week so there will be no more excuses!!! Glad you had a great week!!!
    Kristen @ The Smith Summary recently posted…Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Recap – Part IMy Profile

4. Martha says:

You are such a rock star with your long runs! I admire your dedication and it looks like you had a stellar week. Your pace is going to fall in place in no time at all, you certainly are putting in the work! Have a great weekend!
    Martha recently posted…On Being Honest with Yourself… Plus Fall Virtual 10 Mile RecapMy Profile

5. Kathy Nguyen says:

Great work this week. I am not very good at keeping up with strength training. I need to be more diligent. Good for you. Great work on your two long runs!!

6. Shannon says:

After a great run on Monday….the rest of the week has sucked it up.. I’ve been fighting off the flu all week. Running a fever and some aches, not horrible, but enough to keep me from running. I am planning on doing 9 miles in the morning though. Saturdays are group training days and I hate to miss! Not sure about doing long runs without someone else with me! You are doing awesome at them!
    Love your pace….we could run together! Although I live in Husker Nation. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Shannon recently posted…Lunatik Athletik Compression Sock ReviewMy Profile

7. You’ve had a great week! Looks like your training is going well. Awesome! Great job girl!
    Maria @ Lil Mys Ninja recently posted…What’s on my Docket for the Fall?My Profile

8. My weekend of workouts was great! I felt weird not having a double workout day on Monday (gym classes were cancelled because of the holiday), but other than that, the workouts were great (so far). I still have a speed session tomorrow to do.
    Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom recently posted…Brooks Ravenna 4 ReviewMy Profile

9. Great job! I am always super encouraged when I have a strong week. I can’t wait to hear all about the ToT when you run! It’s going to be awesome ๐Ÿ™‚
    Karen @karenlovestorun
    Karen @karenlovestorun recently posted…Friday Five 9/6My Profile

10. Great week! I love when I have a good strong week. Hope training continues to be great!
    Cyanne (RunStretchGo) recently posted…Fall Shred Week 1: โ€œYouโ€™reโ€ฆ Even Brighter Latelyโ€My Profile

11. Diana says:

Great week! =) That’s a lot of miles, kiddo! When is the Tower of Terror? 8.61 is very close to 10, so even if it’s soon, you’ve got it in the bag! =)
    Diana recently posted…Bad blogger, no soup for you!My Profile

12. Great long runs! Also, that was an awesome upset Miami pulled off against Florida! Go ACC!
    Debbie @ DebRuns recently posted…Are You Ready For Some Football?My Profile