the pug race bucket list

I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and I think it’s time I finally made a Race Bucket List of my very own.

I’ve divided it up by local events, Disney events, and random, someday races.

Local Races:

runDisney Races

Other Races

I’m sure that I will come up with more as I go along. And you will see there are a couple of marathons on the list. I don’t know if it’s more the experience or the idea of the challenge.

23 Responses to the pug race bucket list

1. Sounds like a great bucket list! I hope to see you at a runDisney race one day! 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun
    Karen @karenlovestorun recently posted…FlexibilityMy Profile

2. Diana says:

I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler earlier this year. LOVED it. I will do it every year that I get in the lottery, probably. =)
    Diana recently posted…Week 10 RecapMy Profile

We have family nearby and my brother in law and one my nephews are runners so it would be a great thing. I guess I’ll just submit to the lottery and hope one works out. It would be so cool.

You are lucky to live in Florida… So many neat races. I am thinking of doing the lighthouse 5k on march 1 in st Augustine. Also I have registration for jan 5 half marathon in palm coast. I cannot go. Want it?
    Darlene recently posted…TRUMy Profile

Oooh! Send me details on the Lighthouse 5K! I didn’t know about that one.

I would love the registration, but I’m running a half on 12/1 and then another half on 1/18. I think I’ll be worn right out! Thank you, though!

4. GREAT list!! I am doing the Glass Slipper next year. Did Princess this year and loved it!! Also did the Cherry Blossom 10. It is hit or miss whether the blossoms are actually out during the run but I enjoyed it.
    Mar @ Mar on the Run! recently posted…Be Kind…My Profile

5. Jason says:

Excellent list! You’ll be running for years to come. The Peachtree and Cherry Blossom are old-school classics. Both are on my bucket list as well.

6. Suzan says:

I’ve been working on my race bucket list as well, these are fantastic, I blame you for my list getting bigger!
    Disney Wine n Dine is on my list for sure, I’m not a wine drinker, but running through Epcot at night is something i just *have* to do one day! I’ve heard great things about the Nike Women’s one as well.
    Super list, and now I know where to find you!! BWAHHAHAHAHHA!
    Suzan recently posted…Guess Who’s BackMy Profile

7. Great list! Some of those are on mine too 🙂

I really want to run the Nike Women’s Half in DC and if I ever do a full again, the Marine Corps Marathon. Something about running past all of the big national monuments, then having a Marine give me a medal gives me goosebumps!
    Kristin @ A Mom on the Run recently posted…Inspired Yoga + Run RecapMy Profile

8. I want to run all the local races with you and all the Disney races with you! I have a marathon in mind that I want to run, but I’m holding onto that for now 😉
    Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom recently posted…Cheesy Broccoli and Potato CasseroleMy Profile

9. I have been checking things off the bucket list this year for some reason – first triathlon, Army 10 Miler next month, Disney Princess Half Marathon/Glass Slipper Challenge coming up in February. I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler once and would love to do it again. As someone else said, the blossoms don’t always check the race calendar when they decide to bloom though, but it’s a gorgeous race anyhow. I have a few others – great idea to make a list!
    Cynthia @ You Signed Up For What?! recently posted…A Day In The LifeMy Profile

We were in DC for the cherry blossom festival last year and the flowers were nowhere near blooming. It was so sad. However, I would love to run in DC and it would be great if they were. I just signed up to be notified when the lottery opens. You never know!
      runswithpugs recently posted…the pug race bucket listMy Profile

10. Shannon says:

Wow…You have access to a lot of great races locally! So jealous.

Gee….I have Lincoln, Omaha and Des Moines that are close or kind of close. While well-done events, doesn’t quite have the same appeal as the Dumbo Double Dare!
    Shannon recently posted…Weekly Recap 6 weeks out!My Profile

You know, I never really thought about it that way, but I guess you’re right. I guess I kind of assumed that most places had a good complement of racing opportunities. Of course, year-round good weather helps allow for that. Dumbo Double Dare is cross country for me, but it’s a dream.

11. I was just looking up Sweat Pink Ambassadors (thinking of applying) and saw your race bucket list. The Gate River Run is one of the best races ever. It’s just a fun, fun morning. I ran it a few times and then volunteered at the water stations – everyone has a great time. Tour de Pain is on my list too – I completely missed it this year but heard it was fun.
    Amy @ Mommy Rodeo recently posted…40 by 40 ListMy Profile

You should definitely apply!

I am really excited for Gate. Once I get through a few more races, I’m going to sign up to volunteer. I really want to give back. We should both totally commit to Tour De Pain next year! It’s going to be great!

12. Andrea says:

Love your bucket list! I’ve done most of the Disney ones..just need to do Tink! I’m doing the Space Coast with you this year! Done the Gate River Run and Tour de Pain (thinking of maybe doing the Extreme Tour de Pain!)

Thinking of maybe doing the Jacksonville Bank Half since I’d have to do 12 miles that day for the WDW full anyways. I had to go look up the St Augustine Half…I’ll be putting that on my bucket list!! I would also love to do the Savannah, RnR, the Peach Tree Road Race, and the Nike Women’s!
    Andrea recently posted…Disneyland Day 1, Part 2–Nighttime Fun!My Profile