state of the pugs’ household

Things are crazy.

Even though school is well underway and life should be settling down, I feel like I am always on the go: running, volunteering, doing errands. There are events at little man’s school that I am helping organize, new friends I’ve made with whom I have plans, t-ball, races, Β blogging, etc, etc, etc. The calendar, quite frankly, is full.

In other words. Life.

Mr PugRunner has been insanely busy. It’s a good thing, but his work days start early and end late. Add to that opposite training schedules and it’s tough to get time together. We have a date night scheduled, which is nice. We haven’t gone out by ourselves in a while, and it will be good to try a new restaurant and have some adult conversation that doesn’t revolve around Iron Man or the cafeteria menu.

Little man is doing great in school. We had his conference last week and his teacher had a lot of positive feedback about him. He loves her, loves his class, and loves learning. We’re thrilled about all of it. He’s come so far in the last few months and we couldn’t be more proud.

Sleep, however, is at a premium. Oscar has decided that, in good senior citizen form, his official wakeup time is 4:00 AM. He has also decided this is when he would like to eat breakfast, but I have a put a stop to that nonsense. I make him go back to bed, at least until the sun comes up. He’s happy, though, and doesn’t seem to be in any pain, so it’s hard to be annoyed with him.

Bentley is causing us worry. We noticed a red bump on his muzzle and took him to the vet. Turns out it’s either a bug bite, a mast cell cyst (malignant) or a histiocytoma (benign). Normally, the vet would just take a sample with a needle and have it analyzed, but Bentley, bless his heart, is not the kind of pug that tolerates any sample taking while conscious. He got a shot of benadryl and one of cortisone, and we are observing him for a few days to see if it improves, but after two days, not so much. It’s looking like we will have to go back to have him sedated. The vet will look at the sample under the microscope right then and there and if anything looks suspect, he’ll remove the area on the spot.

Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 8.58.19 PM

so cute. so ready to eat your face.

One day at a time, right?

Hopefully, things will ease up soon. We have a lot of good things coming up and so I try to stay positive.

How is your October treating you?

Do you ever just get weighed down by the sheer volume of things on your calendar?

18 Comments
POSTED IN: ,

18 Responses to state of the pugs’ household

1. Diana says:

This has been the busiest October that I’ve ever had in my life. It’s insane. I am intensely looking forward to November 9th, when things settle down. LOL
    Diana recently posted…New Trails and TreatsMy Profile

2. I took vacation at the beginning of this month so my October has been pretty fabulous so far! πŸ™‚ Things at work are a little hectic but it comes in waves. I have a wedding to plan for now so I’m sure that weight will stay on me for the entirety of the year.
    Samantha @ 10,000 Squats recently posted…Week 12: Say Yes to the Dress(ing)My Profile

3. DragonLady says:

Definitely busy October. Seems like everybody everywhere is soo busy. I kind of wish I could time travel back to when I was a bored hillbilly in the boonies wishing I had something to do. πŸ™‚
    DragonLady recently posted…Funday Friday #19My Profile

4. Haha aww, bless your heart. One day at a time is right!! October is the CRAZIEST month of the year I’m convinced!!
    Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted…Getting Back Into Marathon TrainingMy Profile

5. I’ve been insanely busy and have been battling a mild cold since a few days after the race. I think it’s because I’ve been going nonstop and taking no time to rest…and then I was traveling. I hope things go well with your little dog! Sending good thoughts to you all πŸ™‚
    Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom recently posted…Butternut Squash and Black Bean EnchiladasMy Profile

Oh, man! I hope you’re feeling better soon! Travel can mess everything up!

I’ll keep you posted on the Bentley drama. It’s still not looking improved, so I see a vet visit next week πŸ™

6. Tammy says:

I feel like all us moms are like ” hey, we are busy here!”- It’s crazy. Good crazy, but busy none the less. October has flown by. Seriously. It’s really November in a week and a half or so. Stop the madness. And can totally relate to doggie seniors. Diego ( he’s 13) wanders around aimlessly and needs to go potty at random times.
    But life is still good. Crazy, good πŸ™‚

7. Lindsey says:

Aw that’s so hard! It’s never fun when your pups have issues πŸ™ Good luck! I’ll keep my fingers crossed it’s just a bug bite!
    Lindsey recently posted…Blog the Change: Cool Dog, School DogMy Profile

8. Matilda says:

I hear you with the busies… seriously I wish there was more time in the day for all the things I want to do.
    Matilda recently posted…Long Run Tip – TimeMy Profile

9. jan says:

Aww, sorry about your little pup! It’s so scary when they can’t be rationalized with so they understand the vet.

I can commiserate on the sleep issue. My daughter sleeps in, but she’s up until almost 11 most nights. *YAWN*
    jan recently posted…Random Links to Entertain You Since I’ve Got Nothin’My Profile