Happy July (a few days late, but that’s how summer goes).
I can’t believe that we are halfway through 2014 already. It seems like only yesterday we were ringing in the new year and complaining about the cold weather.
And now, we are smack dab in the middle of hurricane season and battling high temperatures, suffocating humidity and regular thunderstorms. Fingers crossed that all the storms stay safely out at sea.
June was a good month. A solid month. I hit 42 miles and I’ve been mostly pain free. The plantar fasciitis seems to have worked itself out. I have some twinges in the mornings after a long run, but I have been able to overcome it with some good stretching. I didn’t set the world on fire, but it’s been a lot of forward progress, especially after coming off months of injury and backward steps.
I have big hopes for July. Huge.
- Crack 70 miles. I think my training will allow for it, and I’m excited to see my mileage increase.
- Continue with my yoga practice. It’s going really well and I am seeing crazy improvements in my balance and strength. I’m not seeing a lot of flexibility in my hips and thighs, but there is enough progress to make me excited about continuing to see where it goes.
- Try something new. Before the summer ends, I want to try stand up paddle board yoga. Which is nothing short of insane for me. But I guess I’ll never know unless I try, right? It will make for a good story, regardless.
- Take a month off from racing. I might possibly squeeze in a virtual race, just to say I did, but otherwise, July will be a race-free month. It’s goo dot take a break, and it may as well be during one of the hottest months of the year, when there aren’t too many events going on.
- Work on some home improvements. We have a few things going on around the ol’ home front, and there are some little touches that are long overdue. We have spent a lot of time outside of the home, but it’s important to us that we love spending time in our home, too. I’ll report back with some progress reports as things go along.
So that’s where I’m at. We have some fun family plans in the works and I’m excited to see what this month has in store (besides scorching temperatures).
What are your plans for this upcoming month?