chocolate stout bundt cake Recipe
By October 3, 2014Published:
- Cook: 35 mins
I made this dessert for a themed dinner party, where guests were asked to provide a dish that was cooked with beer. I can make a mean chili with beer, and I have made a version of this cake in the form of cup pies, with Irish Whiskey buttercream, but I felt the bundt drizzled with ganache was just a smudge more sophisticated. Adapted via Smitten Kitchen.
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream full fat
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 tbsp Bailey's Irish cream
- 3/4 tsp instant coffee granules
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare bundt pan by coating liberally with baking spray or melted butter.
- In a large saucepan, bring the Guinness and butter to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the cocoa powder slowly, whisking as you go. (This is supposed to result in a smooth mixture, but mine never really got as smooth as I would have liked. I decided to see what happened before starting over). Remove from heat to cool.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs and sour cream together in the bowl of a stand mixer, or with an electric mixer.
- Pour batter into well-greased bundt pan and bake for about 35 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack, before flipping cake out over wire rack or serving plate.
- Slowly add flour mixture and blend on low speed. Fold together to make sure that all the ingredients are combined.
- Irish Cream Ganache: Melt chocolate chips, heavy cream, Irish Cream and coffee in the top of a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to thicken for a few minutes. Drizzle over top of bundt cake.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
That is a really intriguing recipe! Guiness? Weird! Looks DELICIOUS though!
jan recently posted…Can I Just Have Some Oreos?
It was pretty darn good!
My mouth watered when I saw the picture! I used to make Guinness Brownies for the hubs and he loved them so I think I’ll give this recipe a try. I think Guinness just makes everything better doesn’t it? 😉
Elizabeth recently posted…Meatless Monday: No Fish Tacos
I hope you enjoy!