Another Friday, another week linking up for Friday Five, with three amazing DC area bloggers: Mary at Mar On the Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up For What?! and Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC. Feel free to join the fun with your own Friday Five post and be sure to visit and comment on the other blogs on the linkup!
This week’s topic? A day in the life.
1. Rise and shine! I’m up anytime time between 5 and 6:30, depending on my morning plans. Now that it’s warmer, I have to plan to be up earlier for runs to combat the heat. On alternating days, I can opt for boot camp as early at 5:00 AM, so we will see how that goes. After that, it’s time to get little man and the pugs up and fed. I make his lunch while he gets dressed, brushes his teeth, makes his bed, feeds the fish and practices his spelling words or catches up on any reading or homework. Then I drive car pool to school.
2. Morning madness. I have about six hours before little man gets home, and I try to make the most of it. I tend to divide my weekdays between errands and domestic stuff (aka Mount Laundry), volunteering at school and working.
3. After school and extracurriculars. When little man gets home from school, we take a little breather for a snack, and then hop right back into it. We will go to karate two to three times a week, attend two to three baseball games or practices and then the other nights go to homework and hanging out. Things will ease up once baseball season ends and we will be able to spend more time bike riding and just enjoying our neighborhood.
4. Dinner. We eat home most nights during the week. I am awful at meal planning and prep but I am trying to get better about it. It would probably make things go more smoothly.
5. Bedtime! Little man hits the sack around 7:30 and 8:00 is when we start to wind down. We will sit with the TV on. I will blog and Mr PugRunner will catch up on work. If he gets the remote first, we will watch sports. If I get to it, we watch a movie or maybe a show that we share (right now, the only one we watch is Gotham). By 9:00, I am so very ready for bed, although it takes me forever to fall asleep.
And that’s it. Nothing too glamorous, I’m afraid.
What are five thing that are part of your regular routine? Share in the comments or link up!