friday five 2.0: five reasons to run publix savannah women’s half

This is a sponsored post. I am an ambassador for Publix Savannah Women’s Half Marathon & 5K. Due to that relationship, I receive a complimentary race registration, as well as other sponsor amenities in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

TGIF!

We are ending the week with the Friday Five 2.0, hosted by Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

frifive2-3

Be sure to link up with your own posts, and visit our hosts and other bloggers in the group!

The last Friday of the month is a free day, so I thought I would share some reasons to add Publix Savannah Women’s Half Marathon & 5K to your spring race calendar.

Five reasons to ru

I am so looking forward to April 8 and the third annual Publix Savannah Women’s Half Marathon & 5K. It’s a beautifully done event, comprising an entire weekend of running, shopping, friendship and fitness.

Spend the weekend in one of the East Coast’s most beautiful cities.

Savannah is such a beautiful city – it has a little bit of everything. I can easily spend entire days just walking the squares, soaking in the history and architecture, shopping in the local stores, and sampling the delicious cuisine. Getting to run 13.1 miles through these streets is a wonderful way to see Savannah, and having so many sights to see helps the miles pass quickly.

savannah-473760_1920

Receive a really unique participant gift.

The Publix Women’s Savannah Half Marathon & 5K offers a little something different than   the standard race shirt to its participants. I do love the idea of race shirts, but the truth is they don’t always fit properly and I very rarely run in t-shirts. At the Publix Women’s Savannah Half, registrants will receive this New Balance gift: a stunning expandable bangle.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 7.05.49 AM

I can’t wait to show mine off after the race!

Gorgeous Bling

But the bling doesn’t stop with a bracelet! This year’s finisher’s medals are even more beautiful than last year’s! The Savannah skyline stands out in relief against a sparkly round frame. I love the cut out details and the thick custom ribbons.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 7.06.02 AM

Finishers of both distances will receive one of these beauties!

Epic Finish

The Publix Savannah Women’s Half prides itself on its unique ending. The finish line is just past the iconic fountain in Forsyth Park, which lends itself to some absolutely amazing end-of-race photos.

Enjoy a complete weekend with some of your favorite people

Whether it’s shopping at the New Balance Fashion Fitness Expo,

running through the city streets with dear friends

or finding balance at Sunday’s Yoga on the Square,

The countdown is on! Just 42 days until one of my favorite girls’ running weekends! Will you be joining us?

Remember, you can save $15 off your registration to either distance with the code PUGS:

16602618_10154329587388870_6962478332248933644_n

What would you most look forward to in at the Publix Savannah Women’s Half?

What makes a racecation great for you?

29 Responses to friday five 2.0: five reasons to run publix savannah women’s half

1. Coco says:

Wow, that all does look great! I love the finish! I’ll have to keep it in mind for next year.
    Coco recently posted…February RunfessionsMy Profile

2. Kimberly G says:

I really want to run a race in Georgia, but I can’t decide between Atlanta or Savannah because I know both cities have great races!
    Kimberly G recently posted…My 5 Favorite Workout DVDsMy Profile

You don’t to persuade me. I’ve already wanted to visit Savannah.. But I live so far away and I don’t know anyone who lives there so I tend to stick to Florida race-cations.

Hopefully someday.
    Darlene recently posted…Friday Five 2.0: Sick During Your Training?My Profile

4. Gina says:

Well, I would have to say I think I need to be Savannah on my list of racecations! It looks fabulous and I love shopping so…. best of both worlds right??
    Gina recently posted…It’s Runfession Time!My Profile

5. you have done a lot of fun races lately!
    Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…February RunfessionsMy Profile

6. Rachel says:

Looks so beautiful! Maybe one day I’ll be able to run this race. 🙂
    Rachel recently posted…I Runfess… Running Fast, the Best Husband, + Global WarmingMy Profile

7. Meghan R says:

Spending the weekend with YOU! 🙂

8. You had me at Publix, you had me at Savannah. OH how I wish! This makes me miss home so much!

9. Savannah is a beautiful city for a race-cation, it is on my bucket list for sure!
    Mary Beth Jackson recently posted…February in Florida- what to runfess?My Profile

10. This sounds like a great event! I’m actually headed on a race-cation next weekend, but the hubby will not tell me where. I have a significant (ahem) milestone birthday happening in a few weeks, and this is his way of celebrating LOL
    Kimberly Hatting recently posted…Warm Weather…So, what’s there to Runfess?My Profile

11. MCM Mama says:

I would love to run this race some year. This year it’s the weekend of Spring Break and we already have plans. 🙁
    MCM Mama recently posted…That time I had to runfess to…My Profile

12. I wish I could do this one with you! Savannah is on my must-visit list!
    Wendy@Taking the Long Way Home recently posted…Runfessions: FebruaryMy Profile

13. I’ve never been to Savannah but would love to visit! I love the bangle and medal! This definitely looks like an amazing half marathon!

14. Loops like a beautiful place to run. I haven’t don’t any big racecations but have a few I’d love to do someday!
    Anna @ Pipers Run recently posted…February RunfessionsMy Profile

15. Aww you are making me wasn’t to run this race! A bracelet AND a medal, and a scenic finish??? Too bad there are so many great races in April. Maybe one year i’ll make it there.

16. I’ve been to Savannah once and would love to get back someday. I’ll have to keep this race in mind for future years.
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…Friday Five – Current CountdownsMy Profile

17. Angela @marathonsandmotivation.com says:

That sounds like a great race! I have not been to Savannah, but it looks gorgeous there!!

18. Cassandra says:

Savannah is such a beautiful city. One of these years, this race is going on my list!
    Cassandra recently posted…5 Benefits of Fitness You Can’t Measure with a TestMy Profile

19. Toni says:

Looks like a great race, I hope to do it soon.
    Toni recently posted…Cheaters Never Win and Winners Never Cheat….Right?My Profile

20. Reason 6 – It is on Abby’s 35th birthday and you two can finally say HI:)
    Abby @BackatSquareZero recently posted…Loving Lately – February 2017My Profile