Happy Monday!  It’s time for the Weekly Wrap with HoHo Runs and MissSippi Piddlin!

WeeklyWrap

If you do a weekly recap post, this is a great way to check in with other active bloggers for extra support, sharing and accountability!

Things went fairly well this week. There was a lot going on, but even with that, I managed to get in some nice runs and some decent cycling. After all, I had my first Indoor Tri yesterday (more on that later), so it was more than time to start dealing with training bricks.

Sunday – 10 miles cycling, 1.5 miles running

I wanted to build on Saturday’s run success, so I decided to try out the concept of riding, then hopping off and running. I set up a little transition area in the driveway, and set out.

It was far more windy than I needed, so my legs were aching by the time I finished 10 miles. Turning my feet over to run was harder than I would have thought, but once I got going, things went fairly smoothly. I didn’t have tons of time, so I did a quick 1.5 miler, just to get used to the feeling.

It went decently well. I was not disappointed.

Monday – 7 miles cycling

Little man had his last official day of Spring Break, so when I got home from work, the boys were still out and about. It was way too hot to run, so I got on the bike for another (too-windy) seven miles. The positive is that I am playing more with my gears to compensate for the resistance.

Tuesday – 5.1 miles, running

I had time for about four miles in the morning.

Then it was off to a fairly busy day at work, a very short (one mile) and hot run at little man’s run club

and finally, dinner with a girlfriend, who I haven’t seen in years. Literally.

Wednesday – rest

Nothing to report on Wednesday. Work was uneventful and the evening was quiet. Little man had his karate class, and did very well.

Thursday – 6 miles running

I had a bit of a late start, but I still managed six miles. Several of which were in the rain. Because I’m hardcore like that.

I was hoping to get out again when the boys went to Cub Scouts, but it was still drizzly, so I bailed and watched a movie at home instead.

Friday – rest

I met one of my running friends for a super yummy breakfast,

and then I had to go to one of our city’s YMCA’s to pick up my packet for Sunday’s Y Not Tri Indoor Triathlon.

Also on my list? Picking up an “athletic” swimsuit for said tri (and my upcoming one in April). I am not ready to commit to a full tri kit, but a suit for laps seemed like a decent investment. I figure I can wear a sports bra underneath it for extra support and then just slap my tank and running shorts over it when I get out of the pool and hit transition.

To date, I still don’t ride in cycling shorts. I haven’t had any issues with saddle pain, and I despise how spandex shorts look on me. I know that’s really vain, but I just don’t think I would be comfortable. For the time being, I think this will work fine.

That evening, we got dressed up for a nice dinner out to celebrate the homecoming of one of our deployed friends. It was a lovely evening, and look! Evidence that I do wear real clothes and makeup!

Saturday – rest

I was on the fence about running or riding. However, I had the Y Not Tri Indoor Tri planned for Sunday and really, really wanted to rest my legs. Especially since I hadn’t been in the in the pool in…. well… in a year. Oops.

We had a bit of a family day with karate photos for little man, a trip to the hardware store for some new pots and plants for the front porch, and a delicious dinner that Mr PugRunner cooked up on the Big Green Egg (honey glazed salmon and roasted beets with goat cheese).

I laid out my outfits and packed my bag for the morning. I was nervous, but I figured I would get to the Y well in advance of my 10:10 AM start to get settled.

So, 17 miles on the bike and 12.6 miles running are my totals for the week. While I am hating the windy weather, I’m glad for the extra challenge. I can’t wait to share about the Indoor Tri! Two weeks until the Publix Savannah Women’s Half Marathon and I am incredibly excited about that, too!

How was your week in training?

Any recommendations for solid triathlon gear?

31 Responses to weekly wrap: 3.19 – 3.25 + publix savannah women’s half marathon training week 7

1. gina says:

Oh my goodness. You look so beautiful in that off the shoulder top! 🙂 Just love it. ANd, your blog always has such great food posts – makes me hungry! 🙂
    gina recently posted…Grandma’s Marathon – Week 7My Profile

2. Elle says:

Mr. Pug Runner can cook for me anytime! That meal looks fabulous and has my faves!

Hope you have another fabulous week!

3. I feel like I never post pictures of myself in real clothes either. You look so nice for your night out! Great job with your workouts!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Total Body Strength Training Workout + Weekly Workout RecapMy Profile

4. Indoor tri races are so much fun and a great way to see what it might be like.
    Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner recently posted…Deep Dish Falafel Pizza with all the MezzeMy Profile

Obviously, transition will be very different, and I will like running on the road rather than the treadmill, but you are right – it was a great way to see what it will be like. I was so excited to find one, especially one a month before the real thing. I’m still nervous as can be, but I feel I have a bit of a better handle on it.

5. Looks like you had a great week! Can’t wait to hear how your indoor tri went!
    Michelle @ Running with Attitude recently posted…RtR Training Week 3My Profile

6. I love the “real clothes” pic! Although my blog is geared towards running and fitness, I try to incorporate non-running pics now and then….just to show the world that I can (and do) wear other fashion than just fitness gear. 😉

I work in the running field and am a freelance writer, so I’m obviously not out of place in my yoga pants, but I have been making an effort to wear nicer clothes out and about. I don’t always do my hair but I do always wear makeup. It’s the little things 🙂

Great week and I can’t wait to hear more about your tri! I’ve got a TYR tri suit that I love and also a couple from Wattie Ink. All great brands and no complaints.
    Marcia recently posted…Loving/Not Loving: Spring Break EditionMy Profile

8. Rachel says:

Solid week! Nice work.

9. Coco says:

Hey, if you don’t need bike shorts, why bother? I often forget to wear mine and I do regret it after long rides!
    Coco recently posted…United NYC Half Race RecapMy Profile

I just feel like I’m missing something or I’m doing it wrong. I’ve been up to 25 miles without them and it was fine, I think. I guess I will just see how the tri goes and go from there.

10. All I can think about is how warm it looks in your phtos as we are having another snow storm!
    Anna @ Pipers Run recently posted…Not The Week I Expected Wrap UpMy Profile

I’m sorry 🙁 We don’t really get seasons here: spring is just a shorter word for summer. We have been looking at highs in the 80s and 90s, so that’s going to be it for us until next January. I hope things start warming up for you soon.

11. Kimberly G says:

Solid week of training and the weather looks gorgeous!

How exciting that you are doing a Try in April!!
    Kimberly G recently posted…Airbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon Training Recap – Week 4My Profile

It’s gone from winter to hot. In the 90s at certain points last week. Ugh.

Yeah, I’m going to be honest. I’m terrified. I was obviously incapacitated when I registered. I don’t know what I was thinking!

12. Great week! You got a lot of athletics accomplished, and OMG all of your food looks amazing! You and the Mr look really happy to have a night out too 🙂
    I can’t wait to read all about the indoor tri!
    Stacie Seidman recently posted…Truthful Tuesday: The one with a few too many feelsMy Profile

Thanks! It is really hard to think of it as productive since the on-foot miles weren’t there, but perspective matters. It was good to get out for a grownup night of good conversation and good friends.

I can’t wait to recap the tri!

13. You dont really need bike shorts. I only use my tri shorts which has a super thin layer. For my first tri, I didn’t even have that. I swam in my swimsuit and then pulled a pair of baggy capri and top over it and rode and ran in that.
    Smitha @ The Faux Runner recently posted…Weekly Training Recap – Of Nerds and BikesMy Profile

14. Angela @marathonsandmotivation.com says:

Sounds like a great week! I can’t wait to get outside on my bike!! I love the new swimsuit you got too 🙂

15. You two dressed up nicely! I am excited to hear how your indoor tri went- sounds cool! You picked a nice swimsuit too- cute!
    Mary Beth Jackson recently posted…New Orleans bound- Weekly WrapMy Profile

16. Running in the wind is so hard, but it’ll definitely help make you stronger and more prepared for race day. Here’s to a calmer and not as windy week this week!
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…Loudoun Half Marathon Training Log – Week 2My Profile

17. HoHo Runs says:

We don’t have indoor tris around here, or at least I’m unaware. I’m curious to read your details on that. I was not comfortable wearing a swimsuit last year and opted for a two piece kit. Although, my hubs informs me we all look like we have camel toe (due to the extra padding). So now, I’m sensitive about that! LOL. Wish I could have done Publix this year!! Thanks for linking, Jenn.

18. Chau says:

It seems like you had a great week. That are great pictures of you smiling. Enjoy!
    Chau recently posted…Bucket List: 7 Best Trail Runs Around the CountryMy Profile