You read that correctly. The run streak ended this week. I’m bummed: I almost made it to 500 days, but sometimes, it just doesn’t make sense to push. I regret nothing. Keep reading to get the full details.
- Cardio: 3.61 miles, walking
- Planksgiving Day 5: :60 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, squats (3×10)
Did we have a lot of fun on Saturday night? Oh, yeah.
But we still had things to do. I got up and worked my way through my walk and planks.
A carved our pumpkin, too. Nothing like last minute!
- Cardio: 5.21 miles, running + walking
- Planksgiving Day 6: :60 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, speedskaters (30)
Happy Halloween! The humidity was back, but we had a solid run anyway.
I planked. Yay.
And I voted.
A didn’t have work because it was Halloween so he came home for a change. The evening was crazy. We had friends come to trick or treat. A and his buddy went out in “costumes” they “created” from the closet. It was chaotic and fabulous all at once.
- Planksgiving Day 7: :60 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, RDLs (3×10)
No pictures. Nothing. I was working the polls from 7AM to 6:30PM. It is a long, intense day. We had almost 500 voters pass through, which was a lot.
When I left, I had to run a Scouts committee meeting, so I was delirious when I got home.
- Planksgiving Day 8: :60 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, trunk rotations (15 each side)
Day 2 of work. I really thought I could get up super early and get in some miles, but I ached everywhere. I decided I would plank and get some rest.
- Cardio: 3.82 miles, walking
- Planksgiving Day 9: :60 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, weighted march (30)
Oh, was I grateful to walk! And plank.
This was the laziest of days. I was exhausted, and we had plans to celebrate our 16th anniversary. Things went a little sideways when A called to ask for a pickup – apparently, the flu and a stomach bug are going around and a good chunk of the band was out.
We just pivoted and stayed closer to home.
We tried a new-to-us wine bar and Italian restaurant, and both were amazing.
- Cardio: 5.39 miles, running + walking
- Planksgiving Day 10: :60 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, runner’s lunges (3×10)
Happy 16 years to us!
I had to run by myself.
And this happened. Any suggestions for weaning off the GPS watch in favor of the Apple watch?
Let’s throw in some planks.
And then we had tacos for lunch.
In the afternoon, I headed to the school to help serve dinner to the band and the seniors and their parents for Senior Night.
I had to leave the game for a friend’s emergency (everything is ok), but was back in time to catch the halftime show. There were still some holes due to illness, but they looked and sounded great.
- Cardio: 4.02 mile, walking
- Planksgiving Day 11: :60 front plank, :60 side plank (each side), :60 bridge plank, squats (3×10)
And we are back to the weekend.
We hung out at home while A had a practice block and prepped to head to his MPA competition. We followed over to watch before the show.
He’s in the middle. They did great, in spite of injuries and illnesses. What a season!
Goal-getting + Thoughts
It is November. Can you believe it? I am in awe.
It’s going to be a busy end of year, but I am hoping for lots of festive and fun activities.
How was your week in training? Are you ready for the winter holidays?