You heard it here: I’m working (reluctantly) towards a stronger me. I struggle with that hard days, and I find myself digging deep to keep myself together. As a result, I find myself pushing to be physically stronger, so I can focus on getting mentally stronger, which will then help me be emotionally stronger. Easy.
- Cardio: 4.24 miles, walking
- Strength: Arms (wide curls, cross body hammer curls, zottman to reverse, single arm curls with hold, one dumbbell curls – @fitwithjulia)
The first day of the week means it’s time to get to work!
Trying to keep the smile on my face!
- Cardio: 6.32 miles, running + 1.41 miles, walking
Another Monday. I had a solid run. It always feels good to start the week on a runner’s high.
I just dove right into another week. Sometimes that’s what needs to be done.
- Cardio: 4.16 miles, walking
- Strength: Upper Body Day (stability chest press, around the world, alternating lateral raise, push press, push ups – @KimRunsTheMitten)
Happy Valentine’s Day!
It was kind of an odd day. I went for my walk.
And I did my upper body.
We went out to lunch and had sushi. In the evening, we celebrated with a Court of Honor for Scouts. A has put Scouts a bit on the back burner, but I think this lit a small fire under him. He has three merit badges and his Eagle project left, plus he is going to Philmont in June. His motivation seems to be back.
I had a lot of cute Valentine’s themed ideas, but it was hard to bring them to life with our current situation. I’ll do better for the next holiday.
- Cardio: 5.45 miles, running
- Strength: Legs/Glutes/Core Day (single leg deadlift, glute bridge, curtsy lunge to knee drive, weighted under the fence, plank up downs – @kimrunsthemitten)
A had a super early orthodontist appointment, so I had to get out and get done.
When I got home, I did my legs/glutes/core workout. This one was good, but tough.
Instead of work, A had an after school wind ensemble practice, which was good for him. He said it was pretty intense, but he is happiest when he is practicing his music.
- Cardio: 4.28 miles, walking
- Strength: Legs/Glutes/Core Day (clamshells, RDLs, heel elevated single leg bridges, lateral lunge knee drives, overhead hold single arm dead bugs – @KimRunsTheMitten)
i am sleeping in a little more on my “off” days, so I trade up the timing of my cardio and my weights. It’s helpful on the mornings that are colder.
- Cardio: 7.22 miles, running + 1.36 miles, walking
Good morning and happy Friday. After a somewhat challenging week, it felt good to get a longer run.
I skipped strength because my hips and booty were sore, and honestly, I was tired. To be honest, I was pretty lazy for the rest of the day. Our only activity was getting A to the Pinewood Derby, where he volunteered to help one of our local packs.
- Cardio: 1.92 miles, walking
Short walk today because I was tired, and I had a full schedule.
The karate dojo had a belt test, and while A was there working, I stayed to take photos for their social media.
We finished there, and then Mr PugRunner and I drove to Daytona for a celebration of life for one of my sweetest friend’s father, who passed a few weeks ago. It was so beautiful, and emotional, but I was grateful to finally be able to give her giant hugs in person.
Goal-getting + Thoughts
I’m sore and I’m tired, but I’m on the right track.
I also finally signed up for the Gate River Run in March. Ii wass nervous, but I think it will be a good move for me.
How was your week in training? Do you devote time to your own strength?