Summer is coming, and the full force of the Florida heat and humidity is coming with it. Ugh. I miss the cooler days.
- Cardio: 5 miles, hiking
A is training for a high adventure camp, so we went to do a 5 mile hike at a state forest. It was a good session.
- Cardio: 5 miles, running + 3.75 miles, walking
J was only able to walk, so I got up extra early for my running miles.
We had a day off for President’s Day, so I took A to REI to shop for a new hiking bag. He only planned to look, but of course, he found one he loved, and it was on sale. Of course, we ordered it. He also got tons of great tips about his upcoming trip.
- Cardio: 1 miles walking + 3.55 miles, walking
- Strength: Upper Body Day (bridge chest press, kneeling SA arnold press, tricep overhead extension, close grip dumbbell pushup – @KimRunsTheMitten)
I decided it was time to get back to the beach and bridge. It wasn’t a run day, but I ran a mile in the sand, anyway.
Coming home to do strength was kind of a bummer. But it his what it is.
- Cardio: 7.1 miles, running + .75 miles, walking
- Strength: Core Day (single arm overhead march, pull throughs, extension crunch – @kimrunsthemitten)
This was a great run.
I was tired, but did all my strength anyway.
- Cardio: 3.73 miles, walking, 2.5 miles, hiking
- Strength: Leg/Core/Glutes Day (crab walks, side to side sumo back squats, alternating reverse lunges, b stance glute bride, banded dead bugs – @KimRunsTheMitten)
I started the day with a solid walk.
And then I got in some strength. Those banded dead bugs were brutal.
I ran some errands and picked up my race packet for Saturday. It was also a great time to stock up on some HoneyStinger waffles! (affiliate link).
The day closed with a hike. A needed to finish his cooking merit badge, and we wanted to keep his hiking momentum going.
- Cardio: 5.16 miles, running and walking
- Strength: Arm Day (dumbbell rows, stability dumbbell pullover, concentration curls, hanging dumbbell snatch – – @KimRunsTheMitten
- Goat Yoga: 50 minutes
Friday was a day. I started by meeting J for an easy morning.
Even though my muscles were sore, I did a quick upper body workout. No excuses.
Mr PugRunner and I went to a local market for some produce. It was all gorgeous, and very reasonably priced.
That evening was time for our makeup goat yoga session at the brewery, and it was amazing. Obviously, there was some yoga, but it was a lot more about the goats. I was ok with that. There were about 40 humans and 30 goats. They ran around, jumped on our backs, and generally behaved adorably.
Before bed, I put out my flat runner! It’s been a while.
Cardio: Ortega River Run 5 Miler, running
I was a little out of sorts for this race. It was brand new to me, a previously unraced distance, and a course I have never tried. So, I got up early (because parking) and tried to make something happen.
With an 8:30 start time, it was miserably hot. I’ll give the full recap later this week!
The boys went fishing while I ran, and then they went to pick up A’s new hiking backpack for Philmont. He was so excited to get it. And then he put in a few hours of volunteering for his Troop at a local festival.
After all that, I’m ready for bed.
Goal-getting + Thoughts
And that’s it. I’m super tired and emotionally drained this week. We’ve got a big ten mile hike tomorrow, and it’s only going to get more intense from there. While I don’t always love slogging through the woods (our trails aren’t as fun as others), it’s helping me stay in shape and I’m happy to support A.
This week, we’ve got two band concerts, more runs, a birthday dinner for a friend, and… the Gate River Run 15K! Let’s do this!
How was your week in training? Ever do goat yoga? Are you a hiker?