On Wednesday, I went back for more.
I am absolutely serious when I say that I am committed to this speed work thing. And I have to say that I liked it a little this time around. Of course, it’s easier to like something (a little) when the temperatures are civilized (70s rather than 30s), and I feel like this session was far more positive for me, both physically and mentally.
I was for the most part, pleased with my results. Please note that I took my sweet time on the walking portions, because I believe in “recovery” to the fullest extent of the word.
- 6:00 – .62 miles – 9:42 pace
- 3:00 recovery – .17 miles – 17:45 pace
- 5:00 – .50 miles – 10:02 pace (not entirely sure what happened here)
- 2:30 recovery – .14 miles – 17:56 pace
- 4:00 – .45 miles – 8:55 pace
- 2:00 recovery – .11 miles – 18:16 pace
- 3:00 – .32 miles – 9:24 pace
- 1:30 recovery – .08 miles – 19:33 pace
- 2:00 – .23 miles – 8:47 pace
- 1:00 recovery – .06 miles – 16:50 pace
- 1:00 – .13 miles – 7:48 pace
After this round, I didn’t feel as beaten down as I did last week. I’m sure the weather had something to do with it, but I can also see how this will get easier, as well as give me a moving target for my speed goals.
I’m excited to see how this translates to this week’s long run. We have a lot of rain in the forecast, so it might have to wait until Sunday, but I will be sure to report back.
How are your goals going for 2014?
What is your next race or competition?
One more day to register to win a free entry to The Flavor Run! Don’t miss your chance to run this great, tasty twist on this colorful event!