pushing through the month

It’s time for the Weekly Wrap with  HoHo Runs and Taking The Long Way Home

Please also take a moment to visit this week’s guest host: lovely Michelle from Running With Attitude.

If you do a weekly recap post, this is a great way to check in with other active bloggers for extra support, sharing and accountability.

This week was fabulous on running, and decent on everything else. They can’t all be winners, but I’m glad for the consistency of the miles and feeling great. Everything else? Well, I’m just pushing through the dreary weather and the less than great news, and hoping for brighter days.

Sunday – 8 miles, running

Sunday started with an eight mile run. In the rain. Which led to a world of hurt for my thighs. I’ll spare you the gory details, but I was quite a mess when I got home.

And then it was time for the Super Bowl. My stepdad came to hang out for the game and spend the night, but I wasn’t really interested in the actual football.  I ended up going to bed right at the end of the third quarter, which was more than enough game time for me.

Monday – 6.5 miles, running 

Back-to-back runs. Whoo. This one actually went fairly well, except for the chafing. I was happy to have a day to recover following this run.

My mom came to pick up my stepdad and we all had breakfast together after little man went to school. He was a bit bummed to miss out, though.

That evening, we had something a bit different on the books; a meeting with one of our local Boy Scouts Troops. The members of our den are in the process of deciding what Troop they want to join next year, so we are “interviewing” some of them in town. It was really cool and all the kids had a great time.

Tuesday – rest

Tuesday was a fairly quiet day, and I was thrilled for that. I’ll take my downtime wherever I can get it.

Little man made his weekly dinner: tacos. It wasn’t anything different, but he checked all the boxes and even made a side of guacamole! He forgot taco seasoning and tortilla chips at the store, so we had to find a recipe for him to make our own taco seasoning, and he subbed potato chips for tortilla chips, but all in all, it was quite delicious.

(He’s not really a salsa kind of guy, so topping included spinach leaves, green olives, corn and black beans).

Wednesday – 6.5 miles, running 

Another solid run. We had planned for something shorter, but once we got out there, neither S nor I was in the mood to back down. It’s funny how that works.

In the evening, the boys went off to karate and I got some work done.

Thursday –  rest

Even though I didn’t have a run scheduled, it was a busy day. We had last minute errands for Pinewood Derby, plus I had to pick up more things for the bathroom renovation job.

Everything seems to be going on track.

Friday – 8.5 miles, running

Since Saturday was Pinewood Derby and I had a race in Daytona on Sunday, we moved our long run to Friday. I was almost going to go back out after little man went to school to make it an even 10, but the weather started to turn nasty and I took a pass. I think I got in enough.

The day did not end on a high note. The school nurse called me while I was in the pickup line to say he had a fever. By the time I got him home, he was fine and in decent spirits. He was hungry and had energy, so Mr PugRunner picked up some dinner from our neighborhood food trucks and kept an eye on him.

Mr PugRunner did end up taking him to the doctor that evening, and it turns out that he had the flu. Ugh. Fortunately, once we got though Friday night, he really didn’t present any symptoms, and has been going on as normal here. (He has stayed home all weekend and will miss a few days of school this week just to make sure he’s all healed up).

Saturday – rest

Some of the scout leaders and volunteers met at the school at 6:45AM to get set up for Pinewood Derby Day. There were a few glitches with the AV systems, but once we got going, it was a really great event!

Little man wasn’t able to attend but his car raced, and he ended up winning third place in his den. For his last year, it was really nice for him to get to bring home a trophy. I facetimed with him while he was at home so he could watch some of the excitement.

I was beat when I finally got home and was more than happy to just crash on the couch and watch TV. Mr PugRunner picked me up a giant KitKat and wine from the store, and made us pizza on the Egg, since it was National Pizza Day. Getting to bed was truly one of the highlights of the day.

Now onto accountability! Are you joining us for the Running Is Our Therapy Link Up?


Running was great this week. I got in almost 30 miles and short of chafing, I felt amazing. It’s definitely a motivating feeling.

Mr PugRunner took on this week’s new recipe: Fire Roasted Buffalo Chicken Sausage Mac & Cheese from NibbleMeThis.

It was fabulous and decadent, and we had leftovers for DAYS. Definitely a fun twist on a classic favorite.

Reading has been a big, fat fail. I have a book I need to open, but I’m so afraid that if I do, I’ll get caught up and neglect everything else. I need to just go for it.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

So how was your week in training?

Tell me something new and exciting about your week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

26 Responses to pushing through the month

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.